Saturday, February 28, 2009

A run down of some awesome shops

I keep track of (or follow regularly) several stores (online and otherwise) for the latest in great decor and creative design. I thought I would share a few with you with in a run down of my list - so my next few posts will be featuring these stores.
Areaware is a New York City based company renowned for unique design products with an emphasis on forward thinking technologies and original expression. Their products are decorative but go beyond ornament. Each has an underlying meaning which we believe can deepen the relationship people have with the everyday objects in their lives.
Some items I think are really smart is this “roller stop” door stop….love the old school feel!
Numbers clock
Banana bowl (perhaps the Jonathan Adler banana vase would be a nice pair up with this – if you’re into bananas that is)
Little Joseph candle holder – a bit disturbing don’t you think?
Taz Ah Mug (various designs) – tons of fun!
Still life bowl – clever design.

Check them out at http://www.areaware.com/ - creative design at its best!!!

No comments: