Monday, September 8, 2008

Giving Ikea a run for their money?

While in China last Fall I came across a company called Storehouse China. The company produces elegant home décor items that are designed in Sweden. The look and feel of their designs is very “Ikea” like. As soon as I saw them I knew they were a Scandinavian inspired company.
Their product range includes wood, glass, ceramic and textile accessories for the home. I am hoping to visit their showroom in Shenzhen next time I am in China. They sell only to retailers (as far as I know). These retailers are all over the world but mainly throughout Europe – kinda obvious based on their designs.
Here are a few of my favorites. I love the Mamma and Pappa latte mugs, the vibrant and fun tea towels, and how cute are the bunnies and chickens?

The antler coat rack and innovative umbrella stand are true indicators of the unique design coming out of Storehouse China..very sleek and very modern.

I hope to share more photos (and maybe even buy some samples!!) following my next trip to the Orient – until then, enjoy!!!

No comments: