Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is it all it’s chalked up to be?

I think so! Chalk paint has been around for a while now, but the latest trend in chalk is way cooler! First off, instead of boring black or green chalk paint comes in color!!
This would be a great effect if you could find the same color chalk paint as your walls, then your message would appear seamless! Or how about a chalk wall decal – clever as it can be removed easily - great for renters!!
And it doesn’t stop at walls – chalk is appearing everywhere. Canisters, cups, napkin rings and herb pots are all following this old school (pardon the pun) approach to décor. I love the vases, door hangers, storage baskets and even mini labels – I think the whole approach is very clever, and an organizer’s dreams come true!
What I am really excited about seeing is this oilcloth chalk fabric. I’ve seen it on tote and bags and think it is a great idea especially with back to school just around the corner – a pencil case made from this fabric is a must-have, not to mention a binder too! Take a surf on Google and you can find lots of great chalkboard items and even some cool DIY projects.
I think it’s time to pull out my daughter’s sidewalk chalk and get creative!!!

No comments: