Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home made charms

As you know, I love charms and my Thomas Sabo is the creme de la creme of charms. Recently, I have found a few more that I thought were worthy of mention....and what's really special is all of these charms are hand made by talented individuals.

Pickled Tink



This is a great online store (oh and she sells in retail locations too!) started up by Chrissy Christoferson. She’s a mom of 2 busy little boys, and makes sweet little necklaces and bracelets - with your kids' initials, names or other words like mom, mommy, mama charms. I think they are so special.

Marmalade Designs


I first saw these at the One of a Kind Show in Toronto. Kate Singer is the designer behind the Marmalade label. A hardworking free spirit, Kate pours her heart and soul into developing her jewelry line. Kate hand builds each new style from sheet metal, then casts and polishes each silver piece. Fabric or papers are then in layed and coated with a layer of crystal clear resin. The pieces are versatile (many being reversible!), durable, and waterproof. Necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets are all available at Marmalade Designs. I got one for Christmas this year - it's a cute little embroidered bicycle - the online store should be up and running soon - so I will be adding to the chain soon!

HomeStudio This are really beautiful! Cool Affordable Gifts! And you have to check now to see their $25 grab bag of 6 pendants or sets of 4 for a great price….this is an awesome deal! These pendants are hand assembled with a reused wood scrabble tiles and a silver plated bail. Each one has a paper graphic image, and protective shine that makes it gorgeous!Important Note: These pendants are water resistant, and NOT waterproof. Be sure to check them out when you’re looking for an affordable pick-me-up or gift…..you can find them on Esty.com
I just bought these 2 – I can’t wait to get them - ahhh...I see another collection starting.

No comments: