Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Dinnerware

Ok, I think I have a growing obsession for holiday dinnerware. I know I have an obsession with paper plates (can’t really talk about it now perhaps a post is in order), but I am beginning to realize the paper plates are filling a void on my entertaining table set-up.

I adore holiday themed or Christmas themed dinnerware. I find myself surfing for patterns all season long – walking down aisle seeking tiny appetizer plates with beautiful or novelty designs. But the out come is always the same – I don’t have a set yet. I would love one of these sets from Crate and Barrel– I would use them as soon as Halloween was over and keep using them till the first thaw – considering we have about 5 months of winter where I live I think I would need 2 sets.

Target always has some great designs which usually always including serving pieces like trays and bowls. Here are several patterns I would consider for my own table.








Lenox is another great china source for Christmas and holiday pieces – here are a few I like
– and you can also find some retired collections on ebay etc. that are still as beautiful today as they were when they launched!

Now Pottery Barn (and PB Kids), is a no brainer for dinnerware, but honestly I don’t think these sets are new – I recall seeing these (or something very similar) last Christmas.
If you know whether these are new for this season let me know – or I’d have to conclude that PB is very “green” this year, as in recycling last years line up!

Macy’s also has all the top names in china flaunting their holiday colors and patterns. Now these are really a “collection”. I really like Fitz & Floyd’s “Town and Country” collection – timeless.

A great line of dinnerware (be it Holiday or everyday) is Waechtersbach.
The collection Willie & Emma or George & Gracie (who are the friends of Willie and Emma), are both fun whimsical designs that are sure to bring holiday cheer to every event you have!

Now if you have a chance to get to Marks & Spencer (in the UK) then plan for an entire day of shopping!
Here is this year’s holiday dinnerware collection from M&S and I think it is my fav!

I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I do…and if you have a set of dishes you use at Christmas or during the holidays please share.
PS: I also added the latest Kate Spade winter dinnerware collection – which is another I love!

No comments: