Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dreaming of my craft room

For a while now I have wanted a space dedicated to arts and crafts. I know that if I had my paint, fabric and other craft supplies out I would do more. For some time I have been day dreaming of the ultimate craft room. One day I will make the space in my home for such a room – but until then, I continue looking for inspiration and great organizational ideas I can add to my decorating idea book and refer to later (maybe one day I’ll show you this book – well really it’s a binder).
The must haves for my craft room are a large bistro style table with storage below, open shelves with bins and jars of all my supplies color coordinated, and maybe even a “kid-friendly” area for painting and pasting.



I don’t want anything “kitchy” but rather a Pottery Barn feel to the space. I found some great craft rooms online, one great online source for room inspiration is Rate My Space, you should check it out before any home reno project!

Some of the things I love the most are the shabby chic wire bins for holding all your paints, the bright colored bins and containers adding punch to open shelving, and the closet craft space equipped with wire baskets and bulletin boards from the dollar store – brilliant!


I also love the idea of making custom labels for your boxes and buckets out of pretty paper. Or take a look at the “mini-chest” picture. How clever to spruce up the front of plain plastic drawers with vibrant papers so that you can’t see all the mixed matched trinkets inside.






I love so many different things in each of these rooms that it’s hard deciding where to start. But they do come close to fulfilling my dream!

No comments: