Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trying to get the look for less

I have been torn as to how to re-decorate our bedroom. We have been living in a neutral palette for over a decade. I know it's hard to believe. We have been toying with several themes from a smoky grey and plum (still continuing to be a big trend even into FW 09/10), to a bold color palette. Finally, I think we decided on going nautical. I love the summer. Being at the beach and wearing flip flops for 3 months straight (not a long summer where I live), is my nirvana.
So I am surfing and come across the William Sonoma (WS) website where I find the look I want all laid out for me and ready to click and add to my cart.

But...very expensive to re-do a room in William Sonoma. So, I am finding inspiration and knock offs in order to get the look for less.

Here are some amazing vintage nautical pillows from WS which I think I may have knocked off. The pillows on the left are from WS ($75 each) and the pillows on the right are from - are you ready for it - Michael's the arts and craft store ($13 each on sale/$21 each regular price).
I think I may have achieved the vintage nautical feel.

We haven't even started to paint the room (navy blue I think?), so it will be while a before I can post the "after" pictures. But in the meantime I will let you know if I find any other great knock offs!
I also thought you may be interested in seeing a few more items from the Shoreline Collection at Michael's - kinda "kitchy" all together but a few items displayed as a collection seems to work better.









No comments: